Tuesday, July 23, 2013

"Our Home" - Encaustic day!

After doing the super-meticulous playground image, I really wanted to loosen up. And the best way for me to do that is with encaustics, because it is such an out-of-control process for me. The wax melts and does whatever it wants and I don't know how to direct it.

(I am signed up to take a class in September that I think will help me learn how to have more control over the medium. Until then, it's all luck, frustration and magic how things turn out...)
detail from image

1 comment:

  1. Hello Dear Vivian,

    You wrote,... you don't know how to direct it.BUT I really enjoy of your creation, it looks magical.No,I think You don't need classes!
    I like the previous one,too, both are so lovely.
    Happy to see you on my page & so sorry for my forgotten mind.
    Best Wishes
    Parisa

    p.s. My Mom is seeing your works( she is just behind my chair now), she believes that I am so lazy & I must learn from you.She is right I didn't make any thing recently!

    ReplyDelete